Sunday, June 19, 2011

Review : A Season of Eden


Author: Jennifer Laurens, J.M. Warwick
Reading Level : Young Adult
Format: Paperback (248 pages)
Publisher: Grove Creek Publishing (20 October 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1933963905
ISBN-13: 978-1933963907



Goodreads description :
He's my teacher. I shouldn't be alone with him. But I can't help that he's irresistible.

I let the door silently close at my back. He stared at me, and a taut quiet stretched between us. "I like hearing you play," I said, moving toward him. He turned, in sync with my slow approach. He looked up at me but didn't say anything. I rested my clammy hand on the cold, slick body of the baby grand. "May I?" The muscles in his throat shifted, then he swallowed. "Eden." My knees weakened, like a soft tickling kiss had just been blown against the backs of them. "Is it okay?" I asked. His gaze held mine like two hands joined. He understood what I was really asking. "Let me stay," I said. "Please." "You're going to get me in trouble," he said.


My Thought :
The first time I saw the cover and read the summary, I know this book would be great.

Eden, the gorgeous and popular girl in her school, seems to have a perfect life. But inside, she is a troubled and lonely girl. When a new music teacher, Mr. James Christian, start to teaching her class, she instantly drawn to him. She want to be with him and she used to get what she want.

A Season of Eden is a beautiful story about forbidden love between student and teacher. The book is well written. I love how Laurens describe the character, especially James. In this story, you can also find conflict between Eden and her friend and conflict between Eden and her father. And the ending make me wonder if Eden and James getting back together.

I love the cover of this book. I think the cover could describe the book very well. Overall, I enjoy this story. If you love to read romance, I highly recommend this book.

I give A Season of Eden 4 out of 5 stars.


Book Trailer :



No comments:

Post a Comment